Monday, January 5, 2015

Musings on Motherhood Part 4

Musings on Motherhood 
Part 4

Sometimes instead of playing and interacting with Eli, I just hide outside the door and watch him.  It is so fun to watch him discover things on his own and see how his mind develops ideas.

Now that winter is here and Eli is forced to wear clothing, I'm regretting the fact that I never dressed him and therefore didn't force him to get used to clothing.  He is now a demon to get dressed… fail.

Eli has become quite the mama's boy, this both bothers me and greatly excites me!  Since Kenny is the favorite with most of our animals, I'm going to relish the time that I'm Eli's favorite; you know until he starts wanting cheeseburgers and fries and I deny him!

I never wanted to be the person that couldn't talk about anything but their kids.  However when I was spending time with my sister the other day, I was racking my brain to think of things beside Eli to talk about- books! Movies! Anything!

Thus far in my journey, I would say that months 4-6 are the most difficult.  Just past the honeymoon stage and right before you really start trusting yourself.

Eli chews on medicine bottles… Now before everyone gets all up in arms, he only chews on the baby homeopathic meds with child safety caps, but still, he loves them!













No comments:

Post a Comment