Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Musing on Motherhood Part 2

80% of the time that Eli gets bathed I'm in the water with him.  1. I love water.  2. I want him to be super comfortable in water and only feel okay about pushing his limits by being in there with him.  3. Time saver.  4. He is so snuggly and fun in the water.

Having bigger boobs has not been the great plus in my life I thought it would be.  Bigger boobs mean wearing a bra ALL THE TIME and shirts didn't fit the same, making my postpartum body look even bigger.  Thankfully they have calmed down to a reasonable b cup!  Happy to have found out this little tidbit without the breast augmentation that has been a thought I have occasionally entertained.

Speaking of post partum bodies, I would love to say that it has been easy to come to terms with allowing my body to get back to its pre-pregnancy state, but patience is not something I have and I am really trying to get rid of these last 5 lbs. I would never put this pressure on anyone else, but have a hard time extending that grace to myself.

Motherhood has been better than I thought it would be.  I never expected it to be bad, I just wondered if I would be good at it.  Turns out, being Eli's mom is the most natural thing in the world to me.

I am very laid back with Eli.  If he falls, he's fine.  I don't need you to wash your hands before you pick him up.  If his binky falls, just wipe off the hair and put it back in his mouth.  The cutest thing in the world is seeing the cat curled up next to him for nap time.

I feel like a fraud everytime I brag about Eli's sleeping through the night abilities.  We did no sleep training, no crying it out. We just got incredibly lucky and have a baby that sleeps through the night, waking once to eat.  So if anyone is looking for advice on infant sleep the best I can do is loose routine, generally the same time each night and make sure the hospital gives you a good sleeper.

Baby clothes are entirely optional, Eli is in nothing more than a diaper 70% of the time.

I clipped the tip of Eli's thumb the first time I cut his nails- I felt awful.  But then he spit up on me, so I figure we're even.

Eli doesn't spit up very often.... except the other night when I zoomed him in to kiss Kenny... I felt bad, but couldn't stop laughing :)

I want tons more babies.  I wanted more babies the day after I had him, I want them when he all of a sudden freaks out and screams, no matter what rough patch he has, I can't help but marvel and how much joy he has brought to our lives.

Kenny is a really good and natural father.  He is mellow and helpful and supportive of all my crazy ideas.  All it does is increase my desire to have more and more children; I doubt this has been his plan all along.

I thought Eli was the cutest baby when he was born.  I can look at his newborn pictures now and see that he was just really swollen and nothing to write home about.  Which gives clarity to how people with unfortunate looking babies can think they are so adorable.  That being said, I still think he is the cutest baby around and am okay with being super biased.



No comments:

Post a Comment