Thursday, February 13, 2014

Week 41


Due date: um... a week ago!
How far along: 41 weeks
Total Weight Gain: 38 lbs.... 
Stretch marks: none so far, but I think I'm putting my skin to the limit.
Sleep: After seeing my midwives on Monday and discussing my lack of sleep they offered me ambien and talked about therapeutic rest.  However, since I'm a crazy scatterbrain, I lost the ambient, but have been able to sleep at night anyway.  Apparently my body just needs the threat of medication to start working properly.  Soon, I'm going to start threatening pitocin hoping labor will start up!
Best moment this week: We now have lots of family here and more is coming in tonight.  I feel bad that everyone is here, just waiting for Eli to make his big debut, but it's been wonderful getting to see and spend time with everyone.  Eli's room is almost completely done and I will post pictures as soon as the cushions get recovered for the glider. 
Miss anything?   Aside from being little? :) I'm already starting to miss work.  I'm sure once I have a new little baby in my arms, work will be the farthest thing from my mind, but while I wait, I could use the distraction. 
Movement:  He's still moving around in there, happy as a clam!
Food cravings: I finally started using almond milk with cereal and am SO HAPPY!! Its not great for dipping cookies in, but I'll take a dairy likeness any way I can get it!
Anything causing queasiness: Lactose
Started showing:  I'm ginormous, everywhere I go people ask me not to allow my water to break in their store/restaurant/etc.
Gender: boy
Looking forward to: Being done being pregnant.  Pregnancy is crazy amazing and this miraculous thing that your body goes through is such a gift.  However, I'm sure any pregnant woman will tell you that they are done being pregnant at 39 weeks, unfortunately, babies like being fed round the clock and staying all snug and warm in the womb, crazy kids!
Pains:  I've been "borrowing" the hotel pools of of our parents and that makes me feel wonderful, so pain is at a minimum.  

Random musings at week 41:
We are ready to meet our baby! We are "ready" to start this new chapter of our lives.  Ready is an interesting word, there is really no such thing as ready.  How do you prepare for your life to change completely and be turned upside down?  I think at this point the waiting is whats killing me the most.  I have enough time to wonder if I can handle this new role, enough time to wonder just how painful birth really is, time to doubt myself.  Kenny has been this insane pillar of strength and stability, reassuring me that I will deliver amazingly and that this is the role I was born to play.  How people get through pregnancy without a supportive partner is unfathomable to me.  
Also, just to assure everyone, yes we are doing all the tricks to get labor started.  If you're somewhat familiar with Kenny or I, you may be aware of just how stubborn our child is obviously growing to be. I promise, we will get everyone updated as soon as Eli gets here!

No comments:

Post a Comment