Thursday, February 6, 2014

Week 40


Week 37

Week 38

Week 39

You should all know how much I love you and want to keep you updated, based on the fact that I am willing to post these exhausted looking, large late pregnancy photos; don't even try to argue otherwise :)

Due date: Today!
How far along: 40 weeks
Total Weight Gain: 36 lbs!! Whoa golly!
Stretch marks: none! Yay yay yay!
Sleep: better, I wake up about four times a night, with a weird insomnia thing between 4 and 7, but the sleep that I am getting is glorious. The only time it's been really rough is when I have Braxton hicks keeping me up with false hope that this babe will be here soon!
Best moment this week: we have family here! Kenny's parents have been out here for a week and we have gotten the house cleaned and the baby's room set up. Feels so nice to have stuff done and just be ready for baby. 
Miss anything?   The only thing I'm really missing is not having to lug my gigantic body around. I'm big folks and being big is less than comfortable.
Movement: he is still moving quite a bit.  He has started to get a little aggressive in his movement, hopefully starting to make his way out!!
Food cravings: dairy! I just want milk and cereal and ice cream and whenever I give in, my stomach is in knots.
Anything causing queasiness: Dairy
Started showing:  so much, so big.
Gender: boy
Looking forward to: Meeting this child! As much as I want him out of me and into the world, it's mainly about how much I want to know him.  I have no guesses as to who he will look like or what he will be like and I juts can't wait to find out.  Its like having a pen pal ad finally meeting them, I feel like I know him already and yet there is so much to be discovered.
Pains:  I started my maternity leave on Saturday and it's amazing how much less pain I'm when I'm not carrying plates and trays and 30 extra pounds on concrete floors for 5 hours at a time!

We are so very very excited to start this new journey.  Everything still feels surreal and somewhat far away.  I'm just existing in this haze and trying to soak it all in.  Kenny and I have talked about how it sounds so normal to say the baby is coming soon, or even Eli will be here soon; but transitioning to our son is still super bizarre.  The ownership and care of another life is a slightly daunting role, but we feel as ready as can be.  Thank you everyone for all your prayers, gifts, blessing and support.  I feel competely confidant is saying that we would be utterly lost without you.  Now we are just hoping that baby Eli will take after his dad and be here near his due date.  I feel as though the longer I sit here with time to think about natural birth, the more anxious I will get :)


No comments:

Post a Comment